[3830] CQWW CW N3RS M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N3RS M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 08:12:56 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N3RS
Operator(s): K3IPK, N3ED, N3NA, N3RS, & W8FJ
Station: N3RS

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: EPA
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  113    20       66
   80:  721    32      110
   40: 1262    37      143
   20: 1467    38      137
   15: 1047    29      115
   10:  138    24       69
------------------------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

This time, Murphy hit us BIG TIME!  Less than an hour into the contest we lost
rotation of the top 5 el 20M Yagi.  It was stuck at 130 degrees.  Then we had
all sorts of problems with our Winkey to N1MM interface causing the F-keys to
stop working.  This required many reboots.  And then there was the noise!  We
have been fighting with the local power company to fix some bad insulators on
the 34KV lines on several poles on my road.  They produce intermittent, but
very strong noise all day long.  During this weekend, it was the worst we have
encountered so far.  It affected all bands, but was especially bad on 10M,
where we had to sit for long periods listening to S-9 noise coming from the NE
while 10M was open to europe, and on 40M, where we had to stop calling CQ on
Friday evening because we couldn't copy anything weaker than S-7.

Congrats to Howie's team at NY4A for a great job.  Perhaps by the ARRL contests
we will have the noise problem fixed.  Our thanks to all who called us and our
apologies to those we couldn't copy due to the noise.  See you all in
February/March.

73 de Sig, N3RS