[3830] CQWW CW W1KM SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W1KM SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 17:17:07 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W1KM
Operator(s): W1KM
Station: W1KM

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: MA
Operating Time (hrs): 45
Radios: SO2R

  160:  213    62       17
   80:  783    89       30
   40:  563    94       27
   20:  876    97       34
   15:  913    90       26
   10:   26    20       13
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

What sunspot cycle?  Unfortunately I completely missed the 10 m opening to
Eu--only zone 14 was CU2A.

First time as a serious single-op using MM logger--there was definitely
learning curve over the weekend--I think I inadvertently called CQ on the
second radio twice (apologies to the 15 m op at PJ4A.)

Highlights:  my highlight was going to be "stumbled on a loud 3B8/OM0C on 160
at 2320Z and snatched him first call for a double multiplier"--only problem was
he never heard me.  Meanwhile I'm wasting precious moments...and by 2350 I only
had 12 qso's in the hour! (How many times does it take to learn not to DX
during a DX contest!?) So much for my highlight... Grabbed a frequency up high
on 80 at 2350 and got a little run to finish with 12 more Q's including new
mult C33IU--I should have been there all along.

I felt better than last year and after a 2+ hour nap on Sunday morning at 0430Z
I was wide awake and alert (or so I thought) for the rest of the contest.
Thanks to N6RO for the only zone 3 on 160 and 10. Nice to hear more callsigns
on from TF, 4X, ZL and ZS.

73

Greg W1KM