[3830] CQWW CW W8AV M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w8av@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W8AV M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 04:08:03 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W8AV
Operator(s): K4LT, AF8A, N8IW, W8RZ, W8AV
Station: W8AV

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Ohio
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   87    21       68
   80:  309    31      107
   40:  381    33      115
   20:  560    36      128
   15:  457    30      113
   10:   51    21       48
------------------------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Had a small crew for the contest this year but we really had a lot of fun.
Conditions on 80 and 160 on Friday night were incredible, very low noise and
very good signals.  On Saturday the low bands were not quite as good.  The big
disappointment was when 40 decided to go away a few hours into the contest on
Friday night. Congrats to W3LPL for getting over 100 on 160!

High band conditions were for the most part quite good throughout the weekend.
We were amazed about the number of mults we could work on 10 meters at the
bottom of the sun spot cycle. Although some of the signals were not very
stroung, they were easily workable.  15 and 20 produced very good rates.  One
of these years we will get 5BDXCC in one weekend.

Congrats also go out to the K8AZ crew for a fine M/S effort in the contest.  We
always set out to go after these guys when we do this category.  Also a huge
thanks to the fine crew that spent the weekend scouring the bands at W8AV.