[3830] CQWW CW Z38N(@Z37M) M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW Z38N(@Z37M) M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 06:25:35 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: Z38N
Operator(s): HA1CA, HA1RS, HA3NU, HA3OV, HA6ND, HA6NQ, HA6OI, HA6PX, Z31GX,
Z32ID, Z32ZM, Z35T, Z36W
Station: Z37M

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Stip
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  1188    17       79
   80:  2433    33      115
   40:  3228    39      140
   20:  2439    37      136
   15:  1789    35      128
   10:   640    25       80
-------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

HG6N @ Z37M
Thanks for all who called us!

The story began in august when Zoli Z38C, talked about a good contest location
in Macedonia. Shortly thereafter Chris Z31GX, invited us to participate in CQWW
CW.

The team based on HG6N crew joined by some friends from HA and Z3. Arrived
Tuesday evening to the QTH which is located on a terrace about 350m ASL. We
found a station with TH6DXX , Delta loops and a plain field with the
possibility to place our antennas we brought.

Next days we faced the ideal weather for installing antennas. Wind and rainâ?¦

The Antennas:
160m: Inv. Vee. Dipole
 80m: Titanex Vertical, Delta Loop
 40m: 2el. Phased Vertical, 2x Delta Loops
 20m: 4el. Yagi
 15m: 5el. Yagi
 10m: 5el. Yagi

2x Beverage for receiving and the TH6DXX for backup.

The Station:

5x TS-950SDX with  5x Amps. 800-1500W
FT-1000MP backup radio

Used desktop computers networked and WINTEST software for Logging. The station
was in a single (4x10m)room with as much wire as you can imagine. The system
worked without any stoppage, George HA6ND and Csaba HA6PX did a great job!

For Friday, the weather turned to better and everything was ready untill the
evening.
Some notes:
The antennas worked nicely on a good quality, salty soil. Especially the
Verticals for 80 and 40m. The low band result was fine, never dreamed of
3000 + Qâ??s on 40. Titanex and the beverages played well also. Started the
contest on 80 my self and I think I have never heard North America that strong.
20m was a bit disappointing compared to low bands. Saturday, nice opening to NA
on 15 and 10m and worked nice number of EU as well.

Thanks for the local guys from Nikola Tesla Rdio Club who helped all along our
stay and made this trip unforgotable. Chris Z31GX, Venco Z36W, Igor Z32ID,
Ozren Z35T, Momo, Dime and many others.

Thanks the support from: HA1AG, HA1DRJ, HA1UF, HA2SX, HA3FIN, HA6NY, HA8KW

73! Anti
HA3OV