[3830] ARRL 160 K9GY M/S QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k9gy@sbcglobal.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 K9GY M/S QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 05:52:01 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K9GY
Operator(s): K9GY
Station: K9GY

Class: M/S QRP
QTH: IL (EN61)
Operating Time (hrs): 5

Total:  QSOs = 55  Sections = 22  Countries = 0  Total Score = 2,420

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Never thought I would be in this contest. Was supposed to fly to AZ to visit my
Dad this weekend but a winter storm ended that plan. Also ended up with an
unplanned day off from work due to the storm. The worst area hit was in the
northern suburbs of Chicago. Just a lot of rain and some light dusting of snow
here in the southern suburbs. Was sitting in the shack at 22z on Friday and
thought geez I might try to string up a longwire and give the contest a shot.

Wow, amazing what a compromise antenna and QRP can do. Lots of good antennas
and ops on the other end for sure.

I thought that would be cool to enter as SO-QRP but then remembered that I used
packet (mainly to spot stuff). Most of the QSOs were Friday night/Sat
morning...by the time Sat night rolled around I was fairly wiped out.

FT-817 at 5 watts
approx 60' longwire at approx 25' high (horizontal)

Sections worked:
2) NNJ
3) DE, WPA, EPA
4) KY, NC, TN, VA