[3830] ARRL 160 NS3T Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ns3t@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 NS3T Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 06:35:16 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: NS3T
Operator(s): NS3T
Station: NS3T

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MDC
Operating Time (hrs): 9

Total:  QSOs = 406  Sections = 58  Countries = 4  Total Score = 51,088

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Didn't do this one very seriously - just tried to get on and call CQ at
various times in between sleep, baby duty and football...so I made no
real effort to chase mults or DX.  My DX stations were P40TA, PJ2T,
C6AQQ and HI3A.  Only heard the HP1 otherwise and the pileup was too big.

Of the 22 ARRL/RAC sections that I missed, I only heard one of them -
K0HA in Nebraska, but it was breakfast time and my daughter was yanking
on my headphones cord.

I must say I was distressed by the number of ops who tried to muscle
their way into my CQ frequencies.  I may not be real LOUD, but I had
answers to my CQ's from Washington to Florida and California to Maine,
so I know I'm getting out.  But the ops who sit down 100 Hz away and
start calling CQ seem to be getting more numerous (maybe better filters?)

I will single out W0JPL, who decided that my frequency should be his
on Sunday morning.   I was more than happy to move 100 Hz up and down
to protect my turf.  I'm not going to win this contest, but I'm not
going to be pushed around either.

73 Jamie NS3T

Kenwood TS-2000
inverted L up 55 feet and over 80 feet
(If you haven't tried one of these antennas, do IT!)