[3830] ARRL 160 N0OCT Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 N0OCT Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 07:21:32 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N0OCT
Operator(s): N0OCT
Station: N0OCT

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: MO
Operating Time (hrs): 13

Total:  QSOs = 128  Sections = 36  Countries = 0  Total Score = 9,216

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Field Day in December.  We still don't have power.  It's 19 degrees F outside.
Had enough battery power to run QRP, and my aerials weren't knocked down.  Used
a kludged together radio that had contacts twisted together by hand.  Operated
by Coleman lantern and hand logging.  I learned several things:

Some times the weak ones come back.

A rig with no AGC allows you to monitor the swings of propagation.

W0JPL a stone's throw away will take your head off if you have no AGC.

I can maintain the house at a balmy 51 deg with no furnace.

Carbon Monoxide doesn't give as nice a buzz as, say, a nice merlot.

73 and thanks for listening.  Jim N0OCT