[3830] ARRL 160 K1EP Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k1ep@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 K1EP Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 09:53:37 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K1EP
Operator(s): K1EP
Station: K1EP

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EMA
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 646  Sections = 62  Countries = 7  Total Score = 90,597

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Summer like temps on Friday made for a very noisy band.  A line of severe
thunderstorms and rain was passing through Friday night, bringing more
seasonable weather.  For most of Friday night, the noise level was elevated and
there were constant static crashes.  A normally easy signal to copy required
fills, as the crashes would always be timed with the section report.  Saturday
night was much quieter, but I think activity for the casual op was down.  I
found it difficult to work far western sections, but then again, I never heard
a NNY station on.  Where was K2NNY?  Some sections were only heard in passing,
like NE or WY, but others, like many of the CA sections were never heard at
all.  I did hear and work a little of Europe, but looking at some of the other
reports, I think that there was much more on than I heard!  There were big
pileups on some of the Carib stations (no PR station heard either), but after a
while that settled down and one call got the mult.  Thanks for the Qs and sorry
about all the fills needed on Friday night.