[3830] ARRL 160 N7IR Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 N7IR Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 14:54:42 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N7IR
Operator(s): N7IR
Station: N7IR

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 30

Total:  QSOs = 373  Sections = 67  Countries = 5  Total Score = 55,224

Club: Central Arizona DX Association

Comments:

This was the second highest score in this contest for me.  The DX conditions
were very good the first day and OK the second; lots of QSB and QRN both days
at times.  The bad weather on the east coast must have kept a lot of casual
operators off the band because the usual cluster pileups on the DX stations
were manageable the first night.  Not so the second night when I was shut-out
on all of the audible Carribean DX.  For the first time in a ARRL 160 contest I
was called by three JA stations during my Saturday morning run around sunrise.
Propagation in and around the Pacific was very good that morning with KH6 and
KL7 stations also very workable with QRP.  Sunday morning was different and no
additional DX was worked.  Another fun 160 meter contest!

EQ:
Elecraft K2
TX antenna: Shunt-fed, top-loaded 22meter tower
RX antenna: K9AY loop array

Thanks for the QSOs.  Looking forward to next year.
73
Gary, N7IR