[3830] CQWW CW N8II SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8ii@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N8II SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 06:26:30 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:   45    13       30
   80:   79    16       45
   40:  110    23       55
   20:  149    24       64
   15:  237    20       65
   10:   37    14       25
------------------------------
Total:  657   110      284  Total Score = 711,723

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Shields up, this was a lot more fun than either SS CW or phone, even
though my time was very limited. Sorry, PVRC. I went to the WVU
football game which was fun except for the outcome. I made only about
135 Q's before 1150Z Sunday, then operated off and on only running
about 30-40 minutes on 15, the rest S&P. The environment was multiplier
rich to say the least; on 20M at 21Z the Caribbean guys were lined up
like ducks in a row from 14030-14050 kHz, all booming in. Other
highlights were 160 at 02Z the first night breaking thru to EU stations
 with ease working about 30 stations in 30 minutes. 15 was in great shape
with good signals from northern Eu and a few Russians; the difference
between the big guns S9+ and the little guys answering CQ's S1-5 never
ceases to amaze. I missed the Eu opening on 10 except for CU2A, but
condx to Af were good and Caribbean sigs made it thru after 16Z. I
 enjoyed giving the serious competitors a Q when they needed it the most.
The pro's like 8P5A, P40W, P40T, CT3NT, etc. really have a running rhythym
the rest of us would love to attain.