[3830] CQWW CW LY2IJ SOSB/160 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW LY2IJ SOSB/160 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 14:20:04 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: LY2IJ
Operator(s): LY2IJ
Station: LY2IJ

Class: SOSB/160 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 33.5

  160: 1583    28      109
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 1583    28      109  Total Score = 326,882

Club: LCG

Comments:

Wow! Wow! Wow! Amazing!
Run was good, mults were calling, were loud, no problems to get through not
only W.Eu at sometimes even NA wall.

After long preparation I took 1-week vacation to put Beverages to improve
receiving capabilities. Tx setup remains the same as year ago, just almost
constant two-week rain improved soil conductivity or something â?? but accsess
road to the site was not useable. On Friday afternoon I had five 240..260 m
Beverages plus one 375 m long to JA and 2 x 310 m end fire array to 310 degres
(Eastern USA). No time to test before contest, as always.

Contest started with impressive 124 + 120 + 90 q/h rates on first hours with
mostly Eu calling. NA was coming too, but with deep QSB and heard better or
equally on 270 deg Beverage instead of direst 310 deg. The same continued both
nights.
Left station in the morning after 7 hours with 545 / 17 / 82 â?? almost 200
contacts plus against last year score.

Restarted before sunset with alone JA3YBK in log, rate remained 40.. 60 qso/h
till 03 z, then dropped down twice. It got easier and easier to detect new mult
by crowd calling, but harder and harder to get them into log, but fortunately
they were answering on CQ.
Went to sleep next morning with 1303 / 25 / 103 never even dream to have DXCC
in 29 hours on TB!

Conditions improved to east on Sunday night â?? most of mults answered my CQ
with 9N7JO as last one (and DXCC #200 for me) at 2300 utc. 6 USA stations
called in very last minutes to close the show.

Polar paths were closed due to Solar wind (no use of 350 deg BeverageJ), very
few JAs (55 deg), no zone 1, 3, 19, East coast found their way around. Caribean
and African stations were loud, no problem to copy even LP stations.

All preparations paid off fully - I passed my last year result on 26 th hour of
contest, 100 DXCC on 29 th hour. 6 new DXCC for me, counted at least 10 missed
possible mults with some very easy ones (as 4U1ITU)

Amazing number of DLâ??s again, followed with USA, UA + UA9/0 and all others!
Thank you guys!
73 and CU in next contest!
Arunas/LY2IJ

This and previous years QSOâ??s per country added if anyone interested in.

        2006            2005
DL      259             179
K       214             50
UA      159             147