[3830] ARRL 160 K8FH Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 K8FH Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 03:18:39 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K8FH
Operator(s): K8FH
Station: K8FH

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Ohio
Operating Time (hrs): 28

Total:  QSOs = 1195  Sections = 74  Countries = 11  Total Score = 206,210

Club: Medina 2 Meter Group

Comments:

IC-756 PRO2
¼ wave vertical
full wave loop @70â??
4 square receiving array
NA logging software
lots of iced tea
a couple NoDoz
one dozen donuts

I was afraid when I got home from work on Friday that my vertical would be a
pile of aluminum debris on the ground due to the 60 MPH winds that blew in on
Friday, but all was well. The noise level Friday night on the transmit antennas
was S9+, the addition of a receiving array 1000â?? back in the woods over the
summer away from all power lines and such really made a great difference.
Nearly all of the contacts were on the vertical, only made a couple on the
loop. Stayed awake both nights this year, the last couple years I passed out
during the second night.  Didnâ??t work much DX and missed ND and AK as well as
several Canadian secâ??s. It was a fun contest, thanks to all for the Qâ??s.

73 Fred