[3830] ARRL 10 K6LA SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 K6LA SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 17:10:03 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K6LA
Operator(s): K6LA
Station: K6LA

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 6

   CW:  201    46
  SSB:  161    43
-------------------
Total:  362    89  Total Score = 100,214

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

There's no meters like 10 meters. I didn't expect much and didn't turn on the
radio until about 0130 Friday night.

Friday night's opening was amazing. Colorado stations were pinning the S meter,
everything west of the Mississippi made it into the log, along with a few 8's,
9's and 4's up until after 0500. I don't remember anything like that at the top
of the cycle.

I operated intermittantly the rest of the weekend and there were some high rate
times from 4 land. Only two 1 land stations were heard, but after the band was
seemingly dead except for some 7's, a single NY station got in the log with
nothing else from that region heard.

73, Ken, K6LA