[3830] ARRL 10 K8AJS SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jbastin@sssnet.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 K8AJS SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 18:46:09 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K8AJS
Operator(s): K8AJS
Station: K8AJS

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: OHIO
Operating Time (hrs): 20

   CW:  300    60
  SSB:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  300    60  Total Score = 72,000

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Not the best conditions, for sure. Most of the time, the noise was fierce, and
of course I had the usual IMD problems with the FT1000MP noise blanker. Things
weren't too bad from 1400Z to 1500Z on Saturday, and again from 1700Z until
about 2000Z. Other than that, times were hard.

I spent almost all day Saturday with the antenna pointed straight south,
working what little I could hear from the Caribbean and SA, and covering the
entire US with backscatter. Signals were much stronger that way than trying to
point the antenna at the station I was working. Finally, late in the afternoon
as the opening moved west, I turned the antenna and pointed it at the left
coast until most everything was gone.

Sunday wasn't nearly as nice, as I spent the whole day fighting the noise and
pulling out weak signals that couldn't hear me unless I pointed the quad right
at them. I apologize to those that I couldn't pull through, we'll try it again
next year.

Rig: FT1000MP + ALS-600 amp 500 watts
Ant: 3 ele quad
Software: WriteLog 10.58e