[3830] ARRL 10 ZL4BR SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, zl2br@ihug.co.nz
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 ZL4BR SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 20:45:59 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: ZL4BR
Operator(s): ZL4BR
Station: ZL4BR

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: New Plymouth
Operating Time (hrs): 23

   CW:  638    93
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  638    93  Total Score = 237,336

Club:

Comments:

>From this part of the world conditions were better than last year.

Band was open from the start on Saturday until at least 1000utc (2300local),
when I went to bed only because there were no new stations to work, even though
VK, YB, 9M, HS and 9H were still coming through, but they werenâ??t getting many
takers. Band had been really good into SE Eu area, EJ, EK, 4X, 5B, ZC4, YU, UR,
YO, T9, S5, OM, HA, LZ, IT9, 9H, but only a couple of stations from West Eu.

Started a bit late on Saturday morning, just did a couple of hours then had to
go and run a Boy/Girl Scout raft race. It was slow but steady when I got back
to the shack and band closed earlier than the previous evening around 0900utc
(2100local).

Made another late start on Monday morning, but had good runs of W/VE plus a few
Oceania and JA. Band sorta slowly dropped out during the last couple of hours.

Managed to work all continents, thanks to VQ9X and PJ2T. Many signals were ESP
strength one minute then in my face the next. The DSP on the TS2K works really
great on the extremely weak signals.

Good interest from the Pacific, worked 10 ZL, 19 VK, 6 KH6 plus 6 other Oceania
stations.

If I hadnâ??t missed the 3 hours or so on Sunday morning and had started
earlier on Sunday and Monday mornings, Iâ??m pretty sure I could have made 900
qsoâ??s. But Iâ??m still well satisfied, with 6 continents, 50 US/VE mults and
43 other mults. Was a whole lotta fun, thanks, see you in next one.

Rig: TS-2000 + AL80B + 3el tribander.

73, Frank ZL4BR