[3830] ARRL 10 W7MD SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w7md@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 W7MD SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 00:29:47 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W7MD
Operator(s): W7MD
Station: W7MD

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: Vail, AZ USA
Operating Time (hrs): 23

   CW:   54    17
  SSB:  497    70
-------------------
Total:  551    87  Total Score = 105,270

Club: Southern Arizona DX Association

Comments:

Rig: Yaesu FT1000MP
Amp: Henry 3K-Ultra
Antenna: Force12 4BA at 80'
Logging Software: Writelog
Keyer: W5XD Multifunction Keyer
Paddles: Shure Profi which, (lucky for those struggling to copy my QLF
sending), I only had to use a few times.
Surprisingly good coditions for sunspot minimum. Combination of short and long
skip conditions allowed WAS. Weak signal reception was limited by local noise
requiring use of the noise blanker with blanker induced spurious products.
Overall, this was an unexpectedly pleasant experience from my new QTH in Vail,
AZ (10 miles south of Tucson).