[3830] ARRL 10 PJ2T M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ghoward@kent.edu
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 PJ2T M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 05:53:36 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: PJ2T
Operator(s): WB9Z, W0CG
Station: PJ2T

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Netherlands Antilles
Operating Time (hrs): 23

   CW: 1041    77
  SSB:  743    80
-------------------
Total: 1784   157  Total Score = 887,050

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Masochism is alive and well in Curacao as we decided to make an effort in the 10
meter contest at or near the bottom of the cycle. Except for F5IN, Europe was
non-existent from here, EA8 came through like a beacon, there was the usual
small dose of good conditions to the Pacific, lots of our neighbors in PY and
LU, and two frantic but short openings to the U.S. both days, peaking at about
1400Z both days. Persistent (or totally crazy) to the end, we made 10 QSOs in
the final three hours.

Many thanks to Jerry (WB9Z) for his superb SSB skills and great patience in
nailing mults on Saturday night after the band supposedly had closed and I had
gone to bed. I handled most of the CW -- our task specialization has worked out
well for several years in this contest.

Thanks for the Qs! Now it's back to normal life at PJ2T: Scraping and epoxy
painting towers in the endless battle against salt and tropical corrosion.

    - Geoff, W0CG (PJ2DX)