[3830] ARRL 10 K4EA SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4ea@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 K4EA SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 08:58:23 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K4EA
Operator(s): K4EA
Station: K4EA

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 21

   CW:  582    74
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  582    74  Total Score = 172,272

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

I missed the first 2 hours due to a XMAS party! (good excuse).

I stared out to do both modes, but my line noise was so bad on Saturday I just
did CW.  Apologies to all that called me that I could not hear (I'm sure there
were many).

Saturday was better for me.  The biggest surprise was being called by 5H3EE.  I
also worked some strong EA's for my only Europe. An IT9 called but I could not
copy through the power line crud.  The K index kept dropping during the day so
I expected better conditions on Sunday, but in the morning the K index had shot
back up to 4.

Missed ND, DC, DE AK, AR, VE4 and some of the VE1's.  DC, DE and AR are all in
that zone that is usually too close for E, so only the better stations can be
worked on scatter or tropo.

Neal, K4EA
)