[3830] ARRL 10 KG4IGC SO Mixed QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kg4igc@peoplepc.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 KG4IGC SO Mixed QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 18:10:30 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: KG4IGC
Operator(s): 1
Station: KG4IGC

Class: SO Mixed QRP
QTH: Summerville, SC
Operating Time (hrs): 9.03

   CW:  50     28
  SSB:  25     12
-------------------
Total:  75     40  Total Score = 10,000

Club: Low Country Contest Club

Comments:

Good contest this year despite the band conditions, seemed like the band was
opening and closing every few hours. Lots of QSB but was able to work New
England the first few hours of the contest, Saturday we experienced some nice
openings to the Carribian, both Central and South America, Mexico, and the West
coast USA. Had a few openings to the mid West,but did not last for long. Sunday
had the same openings but fewer stations to work although we had a nice opening
mid afternoon Sunday to Canada. Unfortunately no Europe, Asia, or VKs heard the
whole contest, maybe next year. Got to use my new Yaesu Mark V Field this
contest, antennas used were my 8 element 10 meter Sterba Curtain, 3 differant
extended double zepps, and a Maco V5/8 vertical tuned for 10 meters. I would
have to say, out of all these antennas, the vertical won out hands down when it
came to working the weak ones. Quite a surprise for sure! I tried my hand at CW
for this test and I am very glad that I did, sure saved the voicebox especially
durring those long hours of silence on the band! I have to say though, some of
those guys sounded like they were sending 150 WPM !! Don't know how they do it.
Had lots of fun as usual even though my scores were down compared to past years.
TNX for all those stations who took the time to LISTEN instead of just calling
test! See you all next year!

Cheers and 73,
Frank KG4IGC