[3830] ARRL 10 CX5BW M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, cx5bw@adinet.com.uy
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 CX5BW M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 04:15:44 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: CX5BW
Operator(s): CX4DX,CX5AO,CX5BW,CX6VM,CX7AT,CX7CO,CX7TT,CX9AU
Station: CX5BW

Class: M/S HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 30

   CW: 1275   126
  SSB:  879   109
-------------------
Total: 2154   235  Total Score = 1,611,630

Club:

Comments:

These year, in the low part of the propagation cicle really surprise us the high
activity on the band. Unless the Europeans appears in sporadic form they give us
most of the multipliers from that zone.

Short time appertures permit us work with solid signals USA stations, so strong
that many times we must turn of the rf-preamp and put 10 db attenuation in the
receiver to try to avoid the saturation.

We run with 2 antennas mainly with a KLM KT34A and in some cases when
propagation goes low, we use the 7 elements monoband yagi.The use of the
monster permit us work the europeans until late in the afternoon. Lot of USA
stations come over Europe, throught the north pole with consistent signals.

The propagation to the south pacific was absolutely random, we listen for a few
second some bursts from ZL6QH but we do not try to call him, waiting for beter
condx that never arrive! With Japan condx were better, lot of strong signals
from JA, easy to contact. Africa appears strong in sporadic form, as the
Europeans.

At the beginig of the contest i exchange report with my friend , ZX5J, and
after the exchange, Sergio ask me -What category are we participating? I
respond him, Multi-Single, and Sergio explode of happiness, and say well,
thanks god!, I am in the Single Operator, and now I respond with the same
happiness, vy fine, thanks god also!!!! This action tranquilize us a bit
because we know the expertise participation of his station on the contests.
Sergio congratulations !!! your vy big score on SSB!!!.

These year some of our friends, that habitually came at home to operate with us
can not arrive.Some friends from Brazil and a couple of friends from Argentina ,
mainly from Rosario and Cordoba were missed. We hope next years can meet him
again and participate in a multi-national group on some contest.My best regards
to Gerardo, Daniel, Roberto, Javier, Waldir, Miguel, Rene, and many friend more
that habitually came at home to contesting.

Many thanks at all for this nice ARRL 10 meter contest, wish you Merry Xmas,
and Vy Happy New Year, from all the team, 73, PEDRO.