[3830] RAC Winter VA7ST SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RAC Winter VA7ST SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 16:30:16 -0800
                    RAC Winter Contest

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: SO CW HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 16

  160:   36              4
   80:  101              5
   40:  211              9
   20:  272             10
   15:   62              2
   10:
    6:
    2:
Total:  682     0       30         0  Total Score = 96,060

Club:

Comments:

Gear:
FT920
N1MM Logger
1 x 160M inverted-L
1 x  80M inverted-V
2 x  40M delta loops (parasitic array, aimed E)
1 x  3-element tribander at 50'
1 x  SB221 amplifier @ ~500W

First contest using the Harbach-modded SB221 amp I acquired the weekend before
Christmas. Drove 16 hours through horrible winter mountain passes to get it, so
it had to be good, hi. Contesting is good training for long drives. The unit ran
like a top, and as I only ran it at 500W the thing ran cool all night and day.

Wanted to work HP in RAC CW-only now that it's an official category, with any
allowed power. Figured I wouldn't have a sniff running 100W. Probably don't
have a sniff anyway, but sure felt good.

Lack of mults killed me, as usual... should have had several more on 15M but
that band was pretty much dead from here to the east, and 80M wasn't as
generous as it usually is.

Mults were down by 2 from last year, but Qs are up by 250 or so. QSO points
were up exactly 1,000.

Surprise was running a bunch of new-to-me EU stations on Saturday morning over

the pole. Lots of extra Qs picked up there on 20M.

Was also pleased to work a bit of EU on 40M. Great fun.

Must thank VY0DU for NU on 20M and 40M. What a nice surprise that was!

160M was down on Qs, up on mults (by +1)
80M was way up on Qs, down on mults (by -2)
20M was way up on Qs, up on mults (by +2)
15M was up on Qs, down on mults (by -3)

2005    Band    QSOs    Pts  Sec
         1.8      47     264    3
         3.5      45     284    7
           7     131     752    9
          14     154     670    8
          21      47     232    5
       Total     424    2202   32   70,464

2006    Band    QSOs    Pts  Sec
         1.8      36     202    4
         3.5     101     476    5
           7     211    1046    9
          14     272    1096   10
          21      62     382    2
       Total     682    3202   30   96,060

Thanks to RAC (and all the RAC stations on CW) for the contest -- and special
thanks for adding the CW-only category.