[3830] TBDC K8IA Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bobk8ia@aol.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC K8IA Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 08:30:59 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: K8IA
Operator(s): K8IA
Station: K8IA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 9

Total:  QSOs = 241  Total Score = 2,052

Club: Central Arizona DX Association

Comments:

Orion II, 100 watts, 78' vert, inv vee.

Very "noise limited" operation, fighting a corona-type noise thats been here
for a month. Plus, serious change in tower shunt feed parameters caused me many
hours of head scratching and tweaking before a compromise solution was finally
reached, but blew up my trusty MFJ-259B in the process. (I must remember the
phrase "port isolation" when I think about using that sensitive a device like I
did. Dummy me). Still not sure what exactly has happened to the shunt feed, but
cant much power into it now so LP category was mandetory. More work ahead!

Not much DX, ZL2BSJ (fantastic sig), JA8ISU, JA3YBK, P40W, N0FW/KP2, KV4FZ,
PJ2/WB9Z, maybe one or two others, thats it.

CU CQ 160 CW, but maybe not from here. ;-)

73, Bob K8IA
Arizona USA