[3830] CQWW CW P40A(KK9A) SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, p40a@iguanavilla.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW P40A(KK9A) SOAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 11:09:03 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: P40A
Operator(s): KK9A
Station: P40A

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: Aruba
Operating Time (hrs): 43

  160:   23     8       18
   80:  274    14       47
   40: 1027    23       79
   20:  972    28       78
   15: 1033    25       71
   10:  328     9       13
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

This was a fun five week vacation in Aruba. After doing some antenna and house
work, I did the usual tourist things such as riding ATVs, snorkeling, shopping,
going to the beach and dining out with my wife.  It was also nice to visit
fellow contesters W2GD / P40W and AE6Y / P49Y. The CQWW contests are major
events where the best operators compete.   The CW contest in particular really
attracts the most talented operators in the world.   I am happy that I was able
to participate in both modes.  I operated QRP for this contest and I was able to
run stations for nearly the entire period, which is not bad for the bottom of
the solar cycle.   I had so much fun running stations that I spent too little
time chasing multipliers.  My 10m openings were very limited, however
conditions were great on the other bands, especially 40m.  I worked only one
station on all six bands - HC8N.  I did work a number of stations on four and
five bands.  I had a great time in the contest and it was the perfect way to
end my vacation.  A description and picture of my antennas are on
http://www.qrz.com/p40a . I would like to thank everyone for the QSOs. Please
QSL via WD9DZV.

73,

John KK9A / P40A