[3830] TBDC KD2MX Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kd2mx@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] TBDC KD2MX Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 12:43:52 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: KD2MX
Operator(s): KD2MX
Station: KD2MX

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Oakland, NJ
Operating Time (hrs): 6.5

Total:  QSOs = 102  Total Score = 636

Club:

Comments:

More QSOs (hopefully fewer busted ones), fewer points than last year (from not
as many 12 & 16 pointers).  QRP with a minimalist antenna on 160M is both
frustrating and exciting (though short on excitement last night).  Although
there wasn't the horrendous noise that marked the beginning of the ARRL 160
here, the band seemed pretty noisy.  Less luck into 5 & 0-lands than usual.
K0HA's usually killer signal seemed off last night so perhaps condx were not
the best.  Just a hint of 6s & 7s but no success there.  Slept in a bit later
than I wanted to this morning so I might've missed some sunrise action.  An
enjoyable way to end the contest year.  Best 73s and new year wishes, and
thanks for digging out my qrp signal, to all.  Paul/kd2mx