[3830] RTTY Roundup NA5U Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, na5u@sbcglobal.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup NA5U Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 13:55:38 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: NA5U
Operator(s): NA5U
Station: NA5U

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: D/FW TEXAS
Operating Time (hrs): 23.5

------------
   80:  167
   40:  292
   20:  376
   15:  156
   10:    0
------------
Total:  991  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 37  Total Score = 92,163

Club:

Comments:

Great way to kick off the RTTY contest season. An interesting contest,
i.e. all-time high Q-count but lower score than last year. Mults, mults, mults,
they just weren't there for me. Thanks to Don, AA5AU for all helpful information
he provides and some one-on-one Dutch uncle time regarding USB serial adapters.
Concerning the 1A4 fiasco on Saturday 20M, some have said that the DXpedition
should have had priority use of the bands. I guess I was absent from class the
day that rule was taught; this is coming from a DXer and an avowed RTTY DXer at
that. This contest occupied a 30 hour window of the weekend and the solution was
simple: 1) the 1A4 operation could have joined the contest as many other
DXpeditions have done over the years or 2) simply operated on the WARC bands
for that time period. Oh well, it was a great contest and by all accounts, it
should just get better from here on. Thanks for all the Qs.