[3830] RTTY Roundup VE1OP Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup VE1OP Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 15:17:22 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: VE1OP
Operator(s): VE1OP
Station: VE1OP

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NS
Operating Time (hrs): 18.5

------------
   80:  179
   40:  164
   20:  555
   15:  225
   10:    0
------------
Total: 1123  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 61  Total Score = 130,268

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Started this one off with no intention of doing anything serious, so operating
time was off-and-on until about 1800z Sunday when I finally decided to stick at
it and do something...(Tnx to VE9DX for a little incentive..!!)...I also got
into watching the real-time scores on Livescores, and then realized I had the
VE LP record in sight, which gave me the push I needed to stay in the
chair...Ended up 5.5 hours short of the 24 max, but that's my own fault...

Started off with a bang on 15m at 1800, and as soon as I knew it, had 40 mults
in the bag by 2011z when I switched to 20m...

Missed ND,DC,ID,NF,LB,NT,YT and NU...Even after working a continuos string of
W0's and W7's Sunday afternoon, no sign of ND or ID...Not often I don't get NF
either, but that's the way it is...

Most frequent S/P worked was VA with 53 QSO's, followed by
MN(50),ON(46),TX(45),TN(43) and IL & NY(41)...VT,SK,MT and MB were only logged
once...

Most frequent DXCC worked was of course W/K(803),then VE(72), DL(35), SP(18)
and UR(17)...No Asia at all, and only 1 OC (ZL2AMI, who is always loud and
workable)...

Thanks to HK3OZ and V25JK for the calls...Two unexpected mults in a contest
which seemed to lack many DXCC mults...only 61 countries in 18.5 hours is low,
especially with the way EU was booming in Sunday morning...

20m was the biggest producer, with 555 Q's and 31 DXCC...And how about 80m
?...Wall to wall from 3564 to 3600 Sat night...Unbelievable...hard to find a
run freq...

Speaking of freq's, I'm getting a little annoyed at 2 particular W4-land
stations who like to work me then park 200 hz away and start calling CQ...It's
happened numerous times in numerous contests now...Same stations, same MO...Not
a coincidence, not an accident...Others tell me the same thing about you...You
know who you are, please smarten up...You've now officially been banned from my
future logs...

No Murphy problems, and even the neighbour-lady wasn't calling and bitchin'
about me getting into her phone Sunday afternoon when she traditionally yaks
for hours with her multitude of yak-inclined sisters...I fixed that by
replacing her $15 Uniden piece-of-crap cordless with a good Panasonic cordless
last Christmas...BTW, anyone who has RFI problems with cordless phones,
Panasonic Model KX-TGA242CB cordless phones are the best...I've tried
many...Not a peep in them, even at full power standing under the tower...Best
$80 I ever spent...

Thanks for all the calls, it turned out to be a fun contest...Congrats to all
the high scorers...

73, Scott VE1OP