[3830] RTTY Roundup W5AP Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w5ap@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup W5AP Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 10:44:01 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: W5AP
Operator(s): W5AP
Station: W5AP

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NORTH TX
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
   80:  279
   40:  408
   20:  656
   15:  157
   10:    1
------------
Total: 1501  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 51  Total Score = 160,607

Club:

Comments:

Equipment: S02R: IC-7800 & FT-1000D, ALPHA 87A & COMMANDER HF-2500 AMPS
           Antennas: 4 el STEPPIR for 10/20, 80M invert V
                     40M wire Quagi, 15M invert V
Always a fun contest - just the right time length, and usually quite winter
band condx. Tnx to all who have promoted rtty contesting, and a special thanks
to the developers of N1MM contesting software. This was my first use of this
terrific freeware. My goal was to best last years QSO total of 1580. But the
band condx only allowed only short time openings to Europe and Japan. My DX
mults were way down this year. I was happy to work as many as I did using only
a dipole on 15. My wish list would include better antennas and a remote station
in the NE. I heard many eastern stations wking Europeans I could not print. 80
was fun Sat night. But I made a mistake of switching to 80 at Sunday's sunset
to hear fluttered signals. Back to 20 & 40 for the finish. Biggest laugh - when
I turned the volume up, started repeat calling CQ on 10 as I went to the
bathroom to run back as I actually got a call. Tnx. Just a few CW jammers that
I ignore, but all RTTY ops were courteous. I always listened and called QRL
before running. Tnx for all the Q's - 73, Jim