[3830] RTTY Roundup KR1ST Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kr1st@amsat.org
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup KR1ST Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 17:16:33 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: KR1ST
Operator(s): KR1ST
Station: KR1ST

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Ladson, SC
Operating Time (hrs): 3.8

------------
   80:   75
   40:   50
   20:   20
   15:    6
   10:
------------
Total:  151  State/Prov = 44  Countries = 7  Total Score = 7,701

Club:

Comments:

Rig: IC-756PROIII
Pwr: 100 Watts
Ant: 80m inverted V @ 55ft
     40m doublet @ 27ft
     20m doublet @ 24 ft

I only operated a bit on Saturday evening and on Sunday afternoon at the end of
the contest. I mostly worked 40 and 80 meters and didn't even really check the
conditions on the higher bands. I just got this new rig and it was a good
opportunity to play with it. The rig stays. :-)

While starting running on 20 meters this "well known" RTTY contester calls me
and then he procedes calling CQ on my frequency right after making the contact.
Of course I'm no match with my 100 Watts and a wire against his 1500, and
probably more, Watts. Thankfully, the CN8 trying to call me was very persistent
and we made the contact and I moved on to the gentler 40 meters. To this well
known US contester: learn some sportmanship. We really don't need that kind of
ridiculous behaviour. On the other hand its nice to learn what's really behind
the diddle. I'm very well aware he's not reading my comments. :-)

Still it was fun doing this one. Thanks to all who answered my call and those
who awarded my S&P calls with an exchange in all the diddlydaddlydo going on on
the bands.

See ya next time!

73,
--Alex KR1ST