[3830] NAQP CW K2KW(@N0FW) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k2kw-8@adelphia.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K2KW(@N0FW) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 21:56:30 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: K2KW
Operator(s): K2KW
Station: N0FW

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Ohio
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:  145    40
   80:  248    51
   40:  151    47
   20:   86    37
   15:   49    21
   10:   11     8
-------------------
Total:  690   204  Total Score = 140,760

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC Team 1

Comments:

This was ugly.

My new fiance needed emergency surgury this morning.  I took care of her, got
her home, and then rushed to N0FW's for the contest (she wanted me to play
radio- she's a keeper!!)  I got to Pete's station about 30 minutes late, and
couldn't get the DXD box to work with N1MM.  Finally got on the air an hour
late.  It was all down hill from there...

I've never operated a real contest from Ohio, and I think I botched just about
ever band choice I could make.  Also suffered from the "where do I point the
antenna syndrome", which never hit me in CA (just point the antenna at 70
degrees, and don't think).

Well, I learned a lot, and had a good time.  Thanks to Pete for letting me use
his FB station, and to all those who QSY'd!  That's what makes this contest
fun.

73, Kenny K2KW