[3830] NAQP CW W4PA Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w4pa@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW W4PA Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 07:47:43 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: W4PA
Operator(s): W4PA
Station: W4PA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:  159    41
   80:  287    51
   40:  347    53
   20:  169    48
   15:   91    28
   10:    8     3
-------------------
Total: 1061   224  Total Score = 237,664

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Team: TCG Chattanooga

Comments:

Contest went very well.  No computer, equipment, or operator problems.  Setup
was a breeze - I got there at 1615 and was ready to go in about 15 minutes.  No
problem staying focused - seems like my attention has tended to wander in
contests the last year or so - not good.

Only things I weren't happy with were a lot of unsuccessful multiplier moves to
the high bands and despite 159/41 on 160 meters, I think I'm weak on transmit
there.  The number is deceptively high because there were plenty of loud east
coast stations and I was there early because 20 was just stinky.  I never did
work W7IZL in MT who told me two different times I was too weak to copy despite
his being S7, and it took a while for a QSO with K5TA in NM as well.  The 160
vertical and the N4KG antenna appear to be about equal on close in stuff within
a few hundred miles.  Further out, the vertical wire has about 1 to 2 s-units
advantage over the KG.

More commentary about NAQP CW and other stuff (sooner or) later at
w4pa.journalspace.com

73
Scott