[3830] NAQP CW NS4T Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, knason@emeraldis.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW NS4T Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 07:58:05 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: NS4T
Operator(s): NS4T
Station: NS4T

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SC
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:   28    17
   80:   52    24
   40:   61    26
   20:   27    11
   15:    9     2
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  178    81  Total Score = 14,418

Club: South East Contest Club

Team: SECC #3

Comments:

Well, ya' don't use CW you lose it. Thanks everyone for your patience. Station
working well -- mostly operator problems! Part time effort.

I've a 200' run to a 40/80 mtr vertical. On 80 it has about 125 KHz bandwidth.
At the low end of the band I calculate I'm losing 90% of my power to additional
line loss caused by high SWR. Bought an auto-tuner at hamfest the morning of the
contest and put it at base of the antenna 30 minutes before starting. Seemed to
be a BIG help as far more responses to CQ's than ever before. I've more
experience with SSB so will know more next weekend with NAQP SSB. Also put a
4:1 balun on the full size 80 mtr horizontal loop and have noticed significant
improvement there too.

Surprised I found anyone on 10 meters. He answered a CQ on the second go
round.

Kevan
NS4T