[3830] NAQP CW W4AU Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w4au@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW W4AU Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 14:25:15 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: W4AU
Operator(s): W4AU
Station: W4AU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 7.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:   36    20
   80:  314    47
   40:  144    33
   20:   43    17
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  537   117  Total Score = 62,829

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC #2

Comments:

I had been sort of bummed out that I would not be able to put in a
full-time effort for this contest, but things worked out a lot better
than I thought they would.

I was able to get on the air about 2210 as 20 was fading and 15 was
nonexistent. I couldn't really get anything going there and went to 40,
which was pretty hot and got a good rate going S&Ping through the band
where everyone was a new one. I was feeling relaxed and even took a 30
minute break to have dinner with the XYL about 2300. Then I settled down
in the chair for the duration of the contest and didn't get up until the
gun fired at 0600.

I wasn't doing all that great on 40, which seemed to be going very long,
and where the signals were not all that strong. But things changed for
the better when I finally went to 80 about 0100. I found a clear
frequency at 3547, sat there running for three hours, using the second
radio to S&P on 40 when the rate slowed down, and put 270 Q's in the
log. The last two hours of the contest were spent going back and forth
on 160 and 80.

I never did make up for all the valuable mults that I missed on 15 and
20, but did have an enjoyable time on the low bands, especially 80
meters.

73 - John, W4AU

Orion I and Omni VI+
KT-34A