[3830] UKDX RTTY VA7ST Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] UKDX RTTY VA7ST Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 08:48:06 -0800
                    UK DX Contest, RTTY

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 6.25

   80:   29   57     2
   40:   26   52     2
   20:  111  246    21
   15:    4    8     1
   10:
------------------------
Total:  170  363    26  Total Score = 9,438

Club:

Comments:

Gear:
* FT920 + SB221 @500-700W
* N1MM Logger + MMTTY
* 3 el. tribander @ 45'
* 80M inverted-V at 60'
* pair of 40M delta loops pointed east
* 18AVT/WB ground-mounted vertical, 36 radials

Figured higher power would offset some of the band decline. It felt better
working DX with fewer repeat requests, but QSO count was down from last year
and mult total same as last year. Would not have been nearly as much fun at
100w from here.

Propagation was lousy on 20 and 15.

Heard but couldn't work ZM3R on 15 (he was working 3s and 4s though), and only
heard a handful of US signals.

Heard 7X0RY on 20M, but no clear copy -- usually pretty good signals here. Did
not hear or work a single G. Italy was booming in for an hour or so when 20
first opened up Sat. morning. Nice run into Asia late Sat. afternoon.

The two low bands weren't too good, but of the two I felt 80M was the better
band. No DX for me on either one. No RTTY heard on 80N after 0400z, so I packed
it in (did check at 0615z to see if any SSB NAQPers got on, but nothing.)

DX worked:
BY, DL, DU, EA, EA8, F, I, JA, KH6, KL,
OE, ON, OX, PY, S5, SV, T9, VR, XE.

Year over year:

         QSOs    Pts   Cty   SEC    Score
2005     151     315    23    1     7,560
2006     226     467    24    2    12,142
2007     170     363    26    0     9,438