[3830] ARRL Jan VHF K4UVA Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Jan VHF K4UVA Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 06:38:44 -0800

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  46     24  Total Score = 1,224

Club:

Comments:

Conditions seemed pretty flat for the most part. Due to other obligations I was
only able to operate for part of the contest. Murphy definitely visited along
with the freezing rain and sleet. Lost my rotor shortly after the contest
started. After a few attempts to solve the problem, I gave up and left it where
it froze. Luckily, the antennas were pointed North!

Had very high SWR on 2 meters on Sunday which was a feedline problem. Ran only
6 and 432 on Sunday and did fairly well considering the ice covering the
antennas.

Highlights were running the lower three with K4LTX, W3SO and W4RX. Also worked
K8GUN and KE2N on 432 which was surprising as I was was running a homebrew
quagi covered with ice.

This contest would generate more interest if it were moved to maybe March?? I
was planning to rove this one until I saw the weather forecast for the weekend.
It's not worth risking life and limb on icy roads! Thanks to those rovers who
did brave the weather!

Thanks for the q's!

Lee K4UVA