[3830] ARRL Jan VHF VE3CVG Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3cvg@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] ARRL Jan VHF VE3CVG Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 13:02:50 -0800

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:    2     1
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  154    39  Total Score = 10,296

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Very interesting contest and a lot of fun. A good number of larger nearby
stations remained through most of the contest. They included VA3KA, VO1NO/VE3,
W4TAA/VE3, VE3XK, VE3LCA. There was an Excellent local turnout and we had 2
great rovers: VE3WCC and VA3CDD. Thankyou all very much.

Conditions were very flat Saturday with improvement throughout Sunday, and
quite good Sunday night, after everyone left, and just before a huge cloud of
freezing rain drifted across the SW and clobbered my 903MHz contact with NQ2O
in Rochester (FN12 - a new grid - nearly).

The near continuous noise was the highest noise level on 6m and 2m that I
remember, and my neighbour's electric heating added to the challenges.

My grid count was way off but lots of contacts. My new 222 antenna did a great
job, what a difference. And in spite of the low grid count, there was no doubt
in my mind that the new 903 looper was working well.

An excellent contest, a lot of enjoyment, no openings of significance. A true
test.

See you all in June.
73.
Rick (VE3CVG)