[3830] ARRL Jan VHF WK4P Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Jan VHF WK4P Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 21:27:52 -0800

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  112    33  Total Score = 4,686

Club:

Comments:

The "hollerin' hillbilly" WK4P operated the January VHF contest from my home
here in the NW corner of NC.  Activity seemed down a bit this year.  While my
score was up my qsos on the bands I made little improvement to over the past
year were down.

Sunday I received a call from the Blacksburg VA NWS office asking me, the Ashe
County EC, to start the SKYWARN net.  So in the middle of a contest running a
SKYWARN net.    Then my 2, 220, and 440 beams became cover with ice.  We had
.25 inches on the trees at ground level so I hate to think how much ice was on
the metal antennas at 50 feet.  All I know is they didn't work to good after
the ice formed.

Really enjoyed trying to work K8TQK and WZ8D in EM89 toward the end of the
contest.  At least a little BB gun station can get out if propagation is
right.

I had fun, learned a lot, and got to show contesting to some new hams, what
more could one hope for in a contest.

Peace and 73
WK4P in Beaver Creek.