[3830] CQ160 CW K8IA Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bobk8ia@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K8IA Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 06:17:03 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K8IA
Operator(s): K8IA
Station: K8IA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 21

Total:  QSOs = 827  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 22  Total Score = 166,686

Club: Central Arizona DX Association

Comments:

T-T Orion II, Alpha 91B, Vertical (78' shunt fed tower), K9AY Rx Loops, Short
(and bent) "Beverage", Temporary JA BOG down canal bank (lasted 10 hrs,
destroyed by nasty AZ coyotes....oh well).

Except for a quick start and an unusually active JA/VK/ZL run around 0900Z
Sunday, this one will be easy to forget. Major computer malfunction, in the
form of a hard drive fatality, occurred near Saturday sunrise. It occupied most
of the time I should have been sleeping on Saturday. I finally kluged together a
laptop to get me thru Saturday night and Sunday morning. Fortunately that worked
flawlessly tnx to N1MM software and K8IA haywire, etc. Unfortunately, I fell
asleep for three hours that I had planned to be my best.

This was my first HP cw effort in a major 160 contest and, frankly, I may never
I felt pretty good about where I stood in the mix. A personal best score for
me. Looking forward to more next year.

Right now, I am beat. I'm looking forward to a really quiet rest of the
weekend! ;-)

73, Bob K8IA
near the Superstition Mountains
Arizona USA