[3830] BARTG Sprint K0RC Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0rc@pclink.com
Subject: [3830] BARTG Sprint K0RC Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 12:39:12 -0800
                    BARTG RTTY Sprint

Call: K0RC
Operator(s): K0RC
Station: K0RC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 6

   80:   49   49
   40:   18   18
   20:   96   96
   15:    2    2
   10:    0    0
-----------------
Total:  165  165  Mults = 40  Total Score = 30,525

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

If I am in your log, it was only 30 Watts that carried my signal to your
station! Not quite QRP, but the results had impressed me when I noticed I
wasn't running the full 100 Watts. I decided to stay at this power level just
to see what could be done. Frankly, I did't "feel" it made much difference and
I was able to RUN a frequency a couple times!

I worked Alaska about 2245 UTC on 20m and soon the band began to load up with
strong JA stations. That lasted a little over an hour, a real nice surprise. I
printed VR2BG but could never break through the pile. I was tempted to crank
the power up but I checked and saw other contacts in my daily log, so I let it
pass.

I am not sure what the fellows in EU are using on 40m, but I am always amazed
they can decode my signal with very few requests for fills. The first station I
worked was IK4MHB at 0030 UTC followed by CU2JT, and CN8KE a little later.

I also participated in the CQWW 160m CW contest so this Sprint wasn't a full
effort. I did get a chance to test out some new macros and I enjoyed the time
spent in the BARTG.

73 de Bob - K0RC in MN