[3830] CQ160 CW VE3EY Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW VE3EY Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 08:14:20 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: VE3EY
Operator(s): VE3EY
Station: VE3EY

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: ON
Operating Time (hrs): 27

Total:  QSOs = 1211  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 50  Total Score = 678,240

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

The local icing conditions detuned the antenna shifting the resonance point
below band. With the exception of first three hours, I was confined for the
whole weekend to operate within first 15 Khz of the band where the SWR was 3.
Whenever I had to call someone higher up the band, the needles from Daiwa cross
needle wattmeter would shoot straight up while keying the radio.

>From my point of view, first night seemed better for Pacific and second night
was better for Europe.

Congrats to Paul, VE3TA for turning out a good score.

I would also like to thank VE3FF, VE3EA, VA3VEF and VE3NWA for their big help
with antenna work over the past few weekends.