[3830] CQ160 CW N7IR Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW N7IR Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 12:32:53 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N7IR
Operator(s): N7IR
Station: N7IR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 441  State/Prov = 54  Countries = 17  Total Score = 79,804

Club: Central Arizona DX Association

Comments:

Due to a new, very strong intermittant local noise source and some social
obligations on Friday evening I decided to not put in an all-out effort.  So I
treated myself to some sleep Saturday morning, but still pulled an all-nighter
Saturday evening - Sunday morning.  My strategy (loosely put) was to S&P like
crazy looking for new entities when the noise wasn't 20 over S9 and give out
some points to the very loud stations when it was.  As it turned out the noise
disappeared Saturday at about 0700Z and didn't return until around sundown
(natch!).  I was too sleep deprived to change strategies at that point.  I got
bored with S&P Sunday morning, and the noise had disappeared again, so I
switched to run for a couple of hours.  That was much more fun AND T32MO called
in for a new band country!  The only new one from the hours and hours of S&P was
EA3KU.  On the other hand I managed to work WAC in one weekend and only missed
ND for WAS.  Working the JA's on wide split (they were listening above 1930)
was interesting.  Sort of a reverse of the old days when they only had 5kHz of
the band above 1907.5!
See you in the ARRL DX CW, hammer and tongs QRP!
73
Gary, N7IR