[3830] CQ160 CW KV8Q Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kv8q@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW KV8Q Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 09:37:33 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: KV8Q
Operator(s): KV8Q
Station: KV8Q

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 24

Total:  QSOs = 775  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 14  Total Score = 123,924

Club:

Comments:

Started the contest using my Ten-Tec Jupiter and was amazed that I
was able to run some 220 QSO's in the first 2 hours of the test with
my 100 watt signal to my 102' G5RV @ 45 feet.  Life was going great
until I got a report that my signal sounded terrible!  I confirmed
this report and shutdown at 1230Z with 600 QSO's in the log.  I was
not sure what was wrong with the Jupiter and headed off to get some
sleep.  I then hooked up my spare rig, a TS930Su, that afternoon and
got going again at 2215Z.  Heard lots of EU stations Saturday night
but they couldn't pull out my 100W signal.  Things were going very
well until I got another report that my signal sounded terrible!  Once
again, I was able to confirm this locally and shtudown again with 775
QSO's in the log.  Apparently, my 80 meter G5RV was playing havoc with
the radios on 160 meters even though all indications showed that the
tuner was showing a 1:1 to the rig.  Still not exactly sure what the
issue was but I am now doing some digging.  Once I find and correct
the problem, I plan on being back next year and keep Murphy busy with
something else.  Maybe I can even improve things so the folks in EU
can hear me a bit better!  By the way, does this constitute a new
version of SO2R operation?