[3830] CQ160 CW WI9WI Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW WI9WI Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 12:54:15 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: WI9WI
Operator(s): WI9WI
Station: WI9WI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 10

Total:  QSOs = 504  State/Prov = 52  Countries = 8  Total Score = 70,740

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

I was only able to operate Saturday night. Drove up to the cabin, got the fire
going and was on the air in a couple of hours. KV4FZ was booming in a good hour
before sunset, seemed like a good omen. Very quiet conditions in northern WI. I
have to get a better recieving antenna for Europe. I could hear Europeans
calling me but could only pull out partial calls. My short beverage (only about
280 ft) in that direction works well on 80 and 40, but hears better to the west
on 160. Unfortunately real estate constraints preclude me from putting up
anything much longer in that direction. I'm thinking of trying phased short
verticals. I operated about 8 hrs, slept a few, then got up and operated about
2 more hrs before sunrise. I worked a very strong ZL6QH just as the sun was
coming up. I considered that a good omen to quit.

States missed ND (heard), WY, ID, KL7, KH6
DX worked: 9A, CU, EA8, CN, PJ2, VP5, KP2, ZL.

Thanks for the Qs. Next contest ARRL DX CW from J7OJ

73

Jim