[3830] NA Sprint SSB N1LN HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N1LN@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint SSB N1LN HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 04:17:57 -0800
                    NA Sprint SSB Contest

Call: N1LN
Operator(s): N1LN
Station: N1LN

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:   59     1.0
   40:   47     .75
   20:   34      .5
---------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

This was indeed an interesting contest for me with many events popping
up throughout that resulted in my lowest score ever.   Other than
the very bad propagation, at least from my QTH, we had a visitor
early in the event.  My wife called me at about 00:30 UTC to say she
saw a mouse.  Well, that led to both of us trying to corner the
little critter.  After about 30 minutes we quit.  Back to the
contest.   Then the computer started acting up.  I am running TR in
windows mode on Win98SE.  Well, the display on my flat panel kept
jumping from the TR screen back to my desktop.  I would then use
the mouse (different one) to click on the TR icon in quick launch tray
and up it would come.  Well, for a few minutes.   Then at about
02:30 my wife called again to say that she thought one of the mouse
traps had snapped.  Off I go again.  YUP - trap 1, mouse 0.  After
resetting the trap back to the contest.  By 03:00 I decided enough
was enough with the combination of the computer issues and the
propagation and just said I AM DONE.  That was until 03:55 when I walked
back into the shack and worked 2 more Qs.

Sure hope next Saturday is less eventful !!!

73,
Bruce - N1LN