[3830] NA Sprint SSB AE6Y HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, andrew.faber@gte.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint SSB AE6Y HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 16:49:34 -0800
                    NA Sprint SSB Contest

Call: AE6Y
Operator(s): AE6Y
Station: AE6Y

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 1:29
Radios: SO2R

   80:   37
   40:   52
   20:   17
---------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Wasn't planning to join in at all, due to work commitments and getting ready to
go to Aruba for ARRL DX CW (P49Y).  But I needed to generate a reasonable log
to test out some mods to my software, CQPWIN ver. 10.6, so I got on to work a
few locals.  Then one thing led to another, I remembered that Sprint is more
fun HP than LP and turned on the amps, etc.  Anyway, after an hour and half of
operating I'd reached 100 Qs so I shut it down.
  I must say Sprint phone (especially when operating on a casual basis) is a
much friendlier affair than Sprint cw, which always strikes me more like a
bare-knuckled fight -- part of it is that there is less activity, ans phone
allows for a few pleasantries here and there.  Anyway, it is an enjoyable
contest.
  73, Andy, AE6Y