[3830] MnQP AC0W Mobile/Portable LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ac0w@charter.net
Subject: [3830] MnQP AC0W Mobile/Portable LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 17:27:29 -0800
                    Minnesota QSO Party

Call: AC0W
Operator(s): AC0W
Station: AC0W

Class: Mobile/Portable LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:
   80:     166
   40:     465       2
   20:      94
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
-------------------------
Total:     725       2  Mults = 57  Total Score = 82,764

Club:

Comments:

Thanks to all that call and worked me during the MNQP.

As you can see I did try phone a few times but was not very successful. Maybe
if it was 20 meters thing would have been different. But the antenna didn't
want to work on 20 phone. It was marginal on 20 CW.

Thought all the noise I was hearing was the many power lines along the route.
But after reading many posts I see it was all over the place.

As you can see 40 CW was the money band. 20 CW stations were either strong or
weak. Once I worked all the strong ones, there were just to many weak stations
to pull anyone out. Sorry to the many that were calling that got left behind.

A few stations got lucky as we crossed into Ramsey county with 4 minutes left.
This surprise both the wife and I as I thought we could stop somewhere to
finish the event out. But all of a sudden there was no place to stop and we
crossed the line.

I posted a few stats below for those that are interested.

Thanks again and hope to hear you next year.

Bill
AC0W

Those making it into the log many times are:
K9NW  -  27
N2CU  -  26
WB2ABD - 21
WA3HAE - 19
N9JF  -  18
W9MSE -  18
KF9D  -  17
WB8JUI - 17
N4PN  -  16
K4AMC -  15
WF5X  -  15
N2WN  -  14

Top Minnesota station in the log was W0PI with 11 hits.

The top 5 states with most Q's are:
IL - 79
WI - 66
MN - 58