[3830] MnQP W0ZQ Mobile/Portable LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] MnQP W0ZQ Mobile/Portable LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 06:47:43 -0800
                    Minnesota QSO Party

Call: W0ZQ
Operator(s): W0ZQ
Station: W0ZQ

Class: Mobile/Portable LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:     156
   40:     339
   20:     134
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
-------------------------
Total:     629       0  Mults = 66  Total Score = 83,028

Club:

Comments:

Many thanks to all that called me and helped provide for a fun day of radio.  I
managed 12 counties as a solo op.  The morning started out at -11 F with a wind
chill of around -35 F .... not too bad compared to what our friends up north had
to contend with.  While driving to my starting point I found an underpass with a
10' clearance, it clipped my 80m antenna, and after bending it back into place
the SWR was still a bit high resulting in only about 50 watts out on that band.
I think I am going to look at an antenna system redesign for next year .... the
secret weapon.  Only other problem was my VOX delay was set too long and I
didn't want to fumble through the menu's to reprogram it, so I appologize to
those who called me where I was messing up your prefix ... if you were quick to
call me I was often missing it.  Note to self - next year make sure to turn down
the VOX delay before the start of the contest.   Again, many thanks to all who
stopped by and gave me a call.  Look for W0ZQ/m in the WiQP on March 11.  73,
Jon