[3830] NA Sprint CW N3BB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW N3BB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 20:54:18 -0800
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Austin, TX
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Radios: SO2R

   80:  123     2.5
   40:  153       4
   20:   70     1.5
---------------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Team: Austin Powers Hipsters

Comments:

20 died after about an hour or so, and with the RTTYers all the way down below
7025 (one guy was on 7014), the Sprinters had to squeeze between 7010 and 7025
for the first two hours. The RTTY crowd seemed to move up later, and there was
space up to 7030 the final two hours. Operating SO2R on 7010-7025 and on
14030-14050 meant that my RF isolation problem cause me to trash out 20 meters
when I transmitted on 40, so I was limited in SO2R the first 90 minutes, having
to transmit on 20 and look for stations to call on 40 with the 2nd radio.

40 was terrific, even though it went pretty long, and 80 was great as well.
Many signals didn't seem all that loud on 80, but the band was quiet. The
following mults each had a single contact-very much appreciated: MT, AK, J7,
VT, VE1, and RI. A RI station called me with #1 toward the end, and that was a
nice little "pop." KL7WV and VE9DX both were active, and J79WI called on 40
with a very low number. I had to swing one 40 meter yagi down that way and the
operator was patient...very much appreciated. Worked every mult I heard.

                                      rate

  HOUR   80CW    40CW    20CW    TOTAL   ACCUM
  ----  ------  ------  ------   -----   -----
    0       0      40      59      99      99
    1      17      69      11      97     196
    2      56      26       0      82     278
    3      51      18       0      69     347

  TOTAL   124     153      70

One of these was a dupe..sorry K1KI-my error.

Tree and Gator were well ahead of me. Nice going. I was in line with all the
other stations from a quick glance at the log numbers.

Nice activity from this immediate area with N5RZ-at-K5TR, K5OT-at-K5NA and
W5JAW, plus other Austin Powers team members (KZ5D, W5WMU, N5DX, N5DO, AC5AA,
K5AF, K5MR were worked and come to mind immediately). I'm tired, going to hit
the sack.

Thanks to the BARC for this great event, and to all the excellent CW operators.
What a thrill for me to compete in this.

73,  Jim N3BB