[3830] RTTY WPX NA7RF SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vhfplus@bmg50.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX NA7RF SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 15:24:52 -0800
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: NA7RF
Operator(s): NA7RF
Station: NA7RF

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Silver Springs, NV
Operating Time (hrs): 11.8

   80:    7   18
   40:   35   92
   20:   51   81
   15:   14   17
   10:
-----------------
Total:  107  208  Prefixes = 73  Total Score = 15,184

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This was a hoot! Except for one Q last year, this was my first RTTY contest in
many years (I won't say how many but in the last contest I used a Model 19ASR
at a college station).

Some serious rig problems were partially sorted out late in the week and I was
able to participate but just threw together an interface so had no control by
my contest logging program...logged in ACLog and transferred manually to the
N1MM logger. That was a pain, especially incrementing the exchange macro number
for each Q...I forgot to do two of them and had duplicate NR's sent. Hopefully
that will not result in any issues with my score or the score of the other
station.

I was especially surprised to work some EU stations on 20 Sunday morning. I
rarely hear them and actually working some was a treat, especially with my 50
watts TPO. EA8AH had a great signal here and I was able to work them on 3
bands. Some of the numbers I saw and received were outstanding, not to mention
intimidating!

I'm going to work on a proper interface and will be on for more RTTY events!