[3830] RTTY WPX K3MM(@N3HBX) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k3mm@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX K3MM(@N3HBX) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 17:31:02 -0800
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: K3MM
Operator(s): K3MM
Station: N3HBX

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 30
Radios: SO2R

   80:  379  1096
   40:  655  3060
   20: 1067  2632
   15:  345   891
   10:    0     0
-----------------
Total: 2446  7679  Prefixes = 735  Total Score = 5,644,065

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Wow!  30 hours just isnt long enough!  After a rather lacklaster start, things
woke up Saturday morning with a reasonable EU opening on 15 along with blazing
conditions on 20, allowing for some dual band SO2R action and a peak 140 QSO
hour at 14Z.  The action carried on through the afternoon, so I opted to just
keep on truckin' and take more time off on Sunday.  This ended up being all the
hours after 1700Z!  While action was still great on 20, 15 barely opened to EU
at all on Sunday, so it was probably a wise choice.  20 meters was almost a
bottomless pit of stations both days.

Was down to an inverted V for 80, with the big guns out of action, and even
that one croaked during the contest, leaving me with one cut for SSB and a
match box.  Still, had a nice selection of RX antennas and could work most of
what I heard with a little effort.

With the huge push from 20 and 15 on Saturday, I was knocking at the door of my
NA record from last year with only 20 hours into the contest!  The pool of
activity just keeps getting larger all the time in the digital world!

73, Ty K3MM