[3830] RTTY WPX K0HW SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K0HW@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX K0HW SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 19:10:01 -0800
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: K0HW
Operator(s): K0HW
Station: K0HW

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: South Dakota
Operating Time (hrs): 28

   80:  210   494
   40:  150   358
   20:  293   498
   15:   77   135
   10:    7    15
-----------------
Total:  737  1500  Prefixes = 287  Total Score = 430,500

Club:

Comments:

WOW, I don't think I ever stuck it out on a WPX contest this much.  I had
thought a good goal was to work 1K QSOs for the first time in a contest.  I let
that goal go when I discovered that in the low power mode I could not hold a
frequency and no one needed the K0 Prefix.  It was all S&P for the most part in
the first 2/3 of the contest.

I think that this is probably also the first time I have stuck to one contest
rather than trying to make an appearance on a few of the other ones.  I do hope
there was a South Dakota station working the NA Sprint Saturday night.

Every contest is a learning adventure and I do hope the contest spirit never
dies.  I enjoyed each and every QSO and I do hope that all the other parties
enjoyed them as well.

I did try to spend some time calling CQ on 10 Meters but I never got any
network and with the band scope on the ICOM 756 PROII.  I did a lot of spotting
and I do hope it helped those in need of new QSOs and Prefixes.  I noted that I
got spoted once while I was calling another station in reply to their CQ!

I will see and hear a lot of you this next weekend again for 48 hours in the
ARRL DX CW Contest.  73 and God Bless.

ICOM 756PROII, HyGain TH11DX, Dipoles on 40 & 80, AEA PK-232 and Writelog